The Trace Virtuelle is a virtual ultra-endurance cycling event based off of the Trace Vélocio and is not an ACP approved Trace.
The Trace Virtuelle has three main features:
- Building a strong team spirit by training and riding together.
- Each team member must complete at least 24 hours of riding together.
- Teams will complete the ride together by participating remotely on their own virtual cycling platform of choice.
A team is 2-6 riders with one appointed Captain. This is not a relay event, each team member must ride the full duration.
At least 2 team members must complete at least 24 hours of riding together for the Trace Virtuelle to be certified.
The Trace begins at 00:00. It must finish no earlier than 08:00, and no later than 10:30 the following day. For example, a team may start at Sat 06:00 and finish Sun 09:30.
Teams must plan at least 3 breaks of any duration. Additional planned or unplanned breaks may be taken during the attempt. Breaks do not count toward riding time.
Each team designs their own Trace plan on their own virtual cycling platform of choice. The team captain must submit a proposal with the time schedule and virtual cycling platform to the local organizer.
Teams must register at least 15 days before their attempt.
It’s recommended to set up a video or audio call between the team members during the Trace to encourage strong team spirit.
Caveat for virtual cycling platforms
Teams can choose whatever virtual cycling platform they prefer to ride on, but the platform must be used by all team members.
Team members must record their rides and submit them for certification at the same time. A lost or unsubmitted recording would be considered a DNF by the team member.
For a Trace to be certified by Randonneurs Ontario, it is required that:
- At least 2 team members have ridden at least 24 hours together.
- Teams must complete their 24 hours of riding no earlier than 08:00, and no later than 10:30 the following day.
- The team Captain must contact the local organizer by 10:30 on the date of completion with confirmation of the Trace and the recorded rides.
Suggested virtual cycling platforms
- RGT Cycling